Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Figurine! Re: Pottery



So as you might have noticed from an earlier post I've been doing pottery once a week for a couple months now, and recently started taking a more intensive class for it.

This was a figurine that I scuplted in week two of said class, finished sculpting her the next week, fired her, glazed her and then fired her again and just got her back. She's done! There's a bunch of things I learned on the way that I would change now (unfortunatey once she's fired you can't really go back!) but for a first attempt at a hand-built porcelain statue, I think she came out pretty good. :]

First Picture is a process picture - after she's been fired the first time, the glaze when it was put on, and after she was fired the second time. The rest are pictures of her complete!



No comments:

Post a Comment